The history of the village and surrounding area
“Even from pre-Roman times to preserve the huge ramparts, despite centuries of turbulent exist today. One rises south of the village Bíňa platoon and the other near the castle on the right bank of the river Hron. These mounds were undoubtedly made Barbara and it is possible that the Romans used them. ”
“The possessions of Esztergom chapter suffered considerably unrest that followed the Mohács disaster, but even more are marked by violent occupiers. Čabraď, to which belonged also Zeliezovce and Bíňa, Tamás Bakócz disposed of by his will Bakócz chapel in Esztergom. ”
Bíňa, larger Hungarian village on the bank of the river Hron. Number of houses 272, population 1432 Religion majority of Rome. cat. Its area comprises 4080 cat. acres. Already in the times of Roman domination was an important place, a sort of vanguard of Pannonia against Barbara. On the orders of Emperor Marcus Aurelius built a military camp, traces of it are visible even today. V r. 173 AD. Emperor spent in this camp for a long time on the occasion of the campaign against the Quadi and he wrote the first book of his work “ideas to each other.” King Sv. Stephen gave this territory Bynnovi son Knight Hunt, after which the village is named. From this comes Bynna branch with a similar name from the family of Hunt-Poznan, his descendant Amadé, who in 1217 founded a year ago Premonstratensian prepoštstvo historical significance. Part of the village belonged to the descendants Amadeovho brother – Pongrác; but in XIV. century, a descendant of the bin claimed yeoman branch of Nicholas IV. with his son Ladislas, as a result, in the year 1359 to the dispute. According to one of the documents published in this issue shall ancestral estates located in old Bíňa, which was then part of Tekovská stool. According to the census year. 1495 was Bíňa property temešského Count Józsi Somi and when she was 46 households. Itself bíňske prepoštstvo time lost its independence and r. 1516 belonged to the jurisdiction Šahanské prepoštstva. According to the census year. In 1531 there were two separate settlements: Upper Bíňa, which ruled landlord István Erdődy and lower Bíňa which belonged tamojšiemu provost. Later renamed the Great upper bin bin and lower bin to bin Mala. These names persisted in r. According to the 1848 census r. 1532 were both destroyed village, but soon rebuilt. V r. 1550 is kept in the Lower Bíňa one household in Upper Bíňa 3 households. Then both settlements were Menyhértovi Balassa. V r. 1,593 were occupied by the Turks, in r. 1613 the United Bíňa got into property magnate János Palffy. Small Bíňa belonged Esztergom chapter. V r. 1647 found in the United Bíňa inventory at five in the Little Bíňa two households. According to the census year. 1696 belonged Small Bíňa Esztergom chapter, while the United Bíňa János Bottyan, who controlled the midfield from Palffy. During the Liberation War, many endured. V r. 1683 after the liberation of Vienna it completely destroyed the allied Polish troops that crossed the territory. According to the minutes of church visits in. 1732-55 it was inhabited with all 18 subjects and 12 with half the land. Ancient basilica with two towers began in r. 1722 and renewed in the year. In 1732 it was consecrated Bishop Baron László Mednyánszky. In that time still the wall of the former Prepostska building next to the basilica. In the first half of the XIX. United Bíňa century belonged to the estate of the princely family Pálffys in Bátorove Kosihy and landlords Little Bine was parish in stoneware. The current owner of the princely family of Palffy, who has a new manor house near the village. This was built by Prince Antal Palffy and existing owners of the Prince Miklós Palffy. Monuments of the village are said church and chapel next to it with a circular plan. It should be mentioned that the village is surrounded by the ancient ramparts ring in a semicircle to the Hron in two layers. There is also the ruins of the monastery from XII. century, which was destroyed by the Turks. In the land also includes Leanda (note. Colony). Some interesting names area on the “Sáskavár”, in memory of one of the devastating bombing of locusts (note. Grasshopper = Saxony); The area below the Sacred Well, where, according to folk legend, the Virgin Mary appeared and water from the well endowed healing force. The village has its own post office, telegraph and railway station.
Brick rotunda is the former Premonstratensian monastery complex, which was founded before 1217 comes Omodej and his son Stephen Hunt from the family-Poznan. The first written mention of it is up to the 1391st It was built as a cylindrical structure with a shallow inner apse, while still it was unclear when it happened. In the 13th and 14th century, the interior decorated with wall paintings.
In 1683 rotunda was damaged and more than 70 years fell into disrepair. Was restored after 1755 already in Baroque style, when the ship received a new vault. When its construction was dismantled original brickwork around the level just above the Romanesque windows. Also Romanesque windows were bricked up and replaced them with three new, much larger.
Like the Skalici here also reveal a Romanesque building of origin to help fight World War II, since the bombing in 1944 shrank rotunda baroque plaster and exposed medieval masonry.
Since standing next to the church was the final battle of the WW2 extensively damaged and changed the polozrúcaninu, Vol. Masses were held in the rotunda. To that therefore even more in 1945 on the south side front entrance join quite a long extension. From about 1954, starting with the restoration of Romanesque elements and structures demolished in 1957 before new age extension.
Until 1961 implemented the comprehensive conservation and restoration. Romanesque windows were uncovered, baroque windows walled up, and more baroque elements removed. Paintings from the 18th century zatreli and vice versa exposed parts were preserved wall paintings from the early 13th century. They were preserved in 1956 Rotunda received a new roof and roof.
Archaeological research is done here in the years 1962-63 and 1978, latest research and restoration are implemented since 2006.